As part of this service you can do the following remotely:
- complete a standing order for the Bank for funds withdrawal/transfer;
- transfer funds from your accounts to the accounts of individuals and legal entities held in both UniCredit Bank and other banking institutions;
- convert your funds on a regular basis via electronic transfer (such transactions are made at the exchange rate established by the Bank as of the transaction date).
The Bank may make regular transactions on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, on the days that you’ve specified. Depending on your preference, such transactions may involve a fixed amount, the total account’s cash balance, or an amount exceeding the cash balance as specified by the client and also any percentage of each amount credited to the account on the transaction date.
The Bank accepts only regular payments instructions that are not subject to currency control, based on substantiating documents, namely:
- Russian roubles payments by residents of the Russian Federation to other residents of the Russian Federation; payments by non-residents of the Russian Federation;
- Foreign currency payments by residents to their own accounts in CJSC UniCredit Bank or to another RF bank; payments by non-residents of the Russian Federation.
A fixed cash balance can be maintained in one of your UniCredit Bank accounts, using the funds transferred from your other accounts in the Bank.
All transactions are performed on the basis of a general order* issued by the client to the Bank.
* The general order means an instruction given by the individual (account holder) to make the same account transaction at regular intervals without the need for additional contacts with the Bank.